Monday, June 30, 2014

Favorite Drugstore Makeup (Cruelty-Free!)

Makeup is awesome. Affordable, good quality makeup is even more awesome.


I like high-end makeup just fine, but I like drugstore makeup a little better because I live way too far from the local Ulta and I'm a bit conservative about my money. These products are cruelty-free because until my cat starts doing her makeup, I'm a little apprehensive about using makeup that animals don't use. Yeah, I don't understand myself either. This is, of course, my own preference! <3 

Here's my favorite products drugstore products! Enjoy! 


It's not the coverage that impresses me about this concealer. I love this because of how much it brightens up my eye area! It's so light and blends wonderfully (I use the e.l.f Flawless Concealer Brush). I have very oily skin and my eyes are definitely the worst places for oil. I tested it through a workout and it lasted the whole time, not creasing or vanishing through the sweat. 5/5, even though it doesn't cover blemishes, it's perfect for what I use it for.


I really, really like this concealer. I don't like it as much as the next one but this is still an excellent product. It covers up my blemishes very well and lasts long enough for me. I also use the e.l.f Flawless Concealer Brush with this.  4/5 because it's really great. Not perfect, but great.


When I first got this concealer, I hated it. I would dig my finger in or use a flat concealer brush which would only pick up way too much product. Since then, I have learned how to best use this concealer. I use either a fluffy eyeshadow brush or use the e.l.f Flawless Concealer Brush (surprise, surprise). Picks up much less product and covers my blemishes very well. It doesn't last super long on me (maybe five hours if I'm lucky) but I don't expect any concealer on my blemishes to last long anyways. 4/5 because of awesome coverage

e.l.f Essential Clarifying Pressed Powder - $1.00



I've moved on from this powder to the next one listed but let me tell you, THIS PRODUCT IS DA BOOOMB. Like I really can't tell you how much I loved this powder. I used it with a sponge and the coverage was just as good as MAC's (imo), but it felt much thinner. It doesn't leave a cast in photos which is a huge bonus. 5/5 because of the price and how great it is. I really don't have anything bad to say about it.



The most expensive product on the list. :c This is definitely a great powder, though! I love the finish on this and it definitely lasts a very long time on me. It has the teeniest bit of flashback but I use bronzer to even it out. It really helps! 5/5 No negatives about this powder. 



Waterproof mascara is what I live for. I really enjoy the Tarte Lights, Camera, Splashes! mascara but I feel really weird about spending more than $15 on a piece of makeup, especially on mascara, which is supposedly to be replaced every few months. I LOVE THIS MASCARA. It lasts all day and doesn't smudge unless I really aim to smudge it, like rubbing my eyes really hard. It does smudge in a really hot shower but there's still a lot of product left on my lashes. I use Vitamin E oil to remove my eye makeup, which completely removes my Tarte mascara but the NYC still stays on! I always coat the tops of my lashes first then, after it dries, I apply a second coat starting at the bottom of the lashes. Works well with any mascara I've tried! Although a pain to remove, it definitely lasts well and I have to give it credit for that. 5/5 for price and being a really wonderful mascara



I own a crap ton of these lipsticks. My personal favorite is Dark Wine. They're very creamy and feel great on the lips. There's tons of shades and I just love them! 4/5 because I wish they lasted a little longer! 



I recently purchased one of these and it was one of the best decisions of my life. This is THE best lip product ever! To apply, I just scrape off the liquid off the sides of the applicator on the inside of the tube and just apply whatever is leftover on my lips, one lip at a time without touching them together. You can rub your lips together while applying but you'd have to even it out before it dries. 5/5, no problems at all.

Wow, what a short list. There's many drugstore products I enjoy, but these are the only ones I can recommend without qualms. 

If this list disappointed you, then go check out my amazing friend Britni on her Instagram. She's an absolutely phenomenal makeup artist and I know her talents will take her places. 

Thank you for reading this post! May awesome makeup always be with you.

- moonmaritza

No comments:

Post a Comment