Saturday, June 28, 2014

Avatar: The Legend of Korra - Book 3 Premiere Review (Not 100% Spoiler Free but I Tried)

My review of the season premiere of Book 3 of  Avatar: The Legend of Korra! Enjoy!


Holy GUACAMOLE.

I'm still freaked out over the series premiere of LOK last night. I didn't make a post because I'm lazy and I needed to give myself some time to let it all set in.

Firstly, let me say that the animation was absolutely phenomenal. The animation was so much smoother than last season. Simply stunning. Even my dad, who's not the biggest fan of the Avatar show, noticed how this was a million times better. This isn't to criticize the previous season's artists, their work was great, it's just not what I liked for the show.

Secondly, Korrasami. KORRASAMI.




How cute was that?! I don't seriously ship them (I don't really ship Korra with anyone) but I was totally fangirling, as I do about everything. Their friendship was portrayed very well, better than I expected. This was an excellent showcase of two good friends maintaining their friendship even when they have dated the same guy, and they're still within the same group of friends. Of course, not everyone who dates the same person is going to get along, but I loved it.

We don't really know what's new in Asami's life, which I'm disappointed by. She's an awesome character, but she's still around and is important so I can't complain too much.

At first, I kinda thought the writing was "meh". In the first episode, A Breath of Fresh Air, Korra had to shout that she saved the world and later said that she defeated Vaatu. I completely understand that some of the audience might not know what happened last season or not remember, but I didn't like how it was worded. It was an "in your face" type of thing. (She actually did yell in President Maiko's face. What a kneeslapper.)

The writing is DEFINITELY made up later, mostly by the plot. The plot is great, even if a little slow, but that could only (hopefully) mean that the conclusion will be satisfying.

Mako makes even having a conversation with Korra hella awkward, it's hilarious.



Mako and Bolin have their own story that assists the plot. It was wonderful to learn about them, teared me up a bit.



Tenzin and the kids are really interesting. The kids are so much more realistically depicted than they were in the last season. Jinora (FAV) is in the main cast, she didn't do much but since she is so cool, she's totally gonna have a major role again.



My man Zuko is still around. He can get it, even if he's like eighty million years old.


Zuko is awesome. I love how he's involved in the story. He's so gonna kick some bad guy butt.

If he dies, I'm gonna egg President Raiko's house.

The Earth Queen Hou-Ting scares me a bit because I really don't know what to expect from her but I do know this show is gonna get heated with her.


I believe that's all I have for now! I'm actually pretty pleased with the way things are going, albeit a bit slow but like I said, hopefully it's be awesome.

Korra is an excellent character. She's much more wise and is still fun. It's great to see her like this!

Thank you so much for reading!

- moonmaritza




No comments:

Post a Comment